Rustom Cast: Rustom is a Hindi-language film released on August 12, 2016. Directed by Tinu Suresh Desai, the movie stars Akshay Kumar, Ileana D’Cruz, and Esha Gupta in lead roles. The film was inspired by the true events of the infamous Nanavati case, which took place in the 1950s in India.
|Release date||12 August 2016|
|Running time||148 minutes|
|Box office||est. ₹218.12 crore|
|Directer||Tinu Suresh Desai|
|Writer||Vipul K Rawal|
|Based on||K. M. Nanavati vs. State of Maharashtra|
|Producers||Aruna Bhatia Nittin Keni |
Akash Chawla Virender Arora Ishwar Kapoor Shital Bhatia Deepanshu Mishra Prerna Arora Arjun N. Kapoor
|Star cast|| Akshay Kumar |
Arjan Bajwa Pavan Malhotra Kumud Mishra Usha Nadkarni
|Cinematography by||Santosh Thundiyil|
|Editer||Shree Narayan Singh|
|Music by||Songs: Jeet Gannguli Arko Raghav Sachar Ankit Tiwari Background Score: Surinder Sodhi|
|Production companies||Zee Studios KriArj Entertainment Cape of Good Films |
Plan C Studios
|Distributed by||Panorama Studios Zee Studios International|
The movie begins with the introduction of Commander Rustom Pavri (Akshay Kumar), a reputed Naval officer who returns home early from his assignment to find his wife Cynthia (Ileana D’Cruz) having an affair with his close friend, Vikram Makhija (Arjan Bajwa). Disturbed by the betrayal, Rustom decides to take matters into his own hands and confronts Vikram at his residence.
A heated argument ensues between Rustom and Vikram, which ultimately leads to Rustom shooting him dead. The rest of the movie revolves around Rustom’s trial and how he attempts to prove his innocence in court.
Related PostsGanapath Cast – Release date
Fukrey 3 Release Date 2023, Star Cast, Budget, Poster
Dunki Movie Cast | Release Date 2023
Captain Miller: Cast (2023 film)
Merry Christmas cast (Katrina-Vijay film) 2023
Yodha Movie Cast – Release date 2023
Tiger 3 (film) Cast – Release date
Bade Miyan Chote Miyan cast (2024 film)
Dream Girl 2 Cast name – Release date (2023)
Cast of Jawan (with image) 2023 film
Akshay Kumar is the heart and soul of the movie, delivering an outstanding performance as Commander Rustom Pavri. He portrays the character with poise and conviction, perfectly bringing out the frustration and pain of a betrayed husband who is fighting for his honor. Ileana D’Cruz, in her role as Cynthia, also does justice to her character, portraying the vulnerability of a woman who is trapped between love and lust.
- Akshay Kumar as Commander Rustom “Rusi” Pavri (based on real-life ex-naval officer K. M. Nanavati)
- Ileana D’Cruz as Cynthia Pavri, Rustom’s wife (based on Sylvia Nanavati)
- Arjan Bajwa as Vikram Makhija, Rustom’s close friend and Cynthia’s love interest (based on Prem B. Ahuja)
- Esha Gupta as Preeti Makhija, Vikram’s sister (based on Mamie Ahuja)
- Pavan Malhotra as Senior Inspector Vincent Lobo (based on DCP John Lobo)
- Usha Nadkarni as Jamnabai, Rustom’s house maid servant
- Sachin Khedekar as Public Prosecutor Lakshman Khangani, Preeti’s lawyer (based on Ram Jethmalani)
- Kumud Mishra as Erich Billimoria, the editor and publisher of Truth (based on Russi Karanjia who published Blitz)
- Anang Desai as Judge Patel
- Parmeet Sethi as Rear Admiral Prashant Kamath, Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet (FOCWF)
- Indraneel Bhattacharya as Captain C. P. Cherian
- Kanwaljit Singh as Defense Secretary K. G. Bakshi
- Brijendra Kala as Head-Constable Tukaram Yadav
- Gireesh Sahedev as Lt. Commander Kamal Pujari
- Abhay Kulkarni as Sub-Inspector Umakant Patil
- Varun Verma as Lt. Bisht
- Sammanika Singh as Rosie Cost, the receptionist of Vikram’s office
- Deepak Gheewala as Bhanabhai Warli, Vikram’s house help
- Ishtiyak Khan as Chandu
- Naman Jain as Dagdu
- Subhashis Chakraborty as Ranjit Das, an hotel waiter
- Vipul K. Rawal as Captain
- Suresh Sippy as Chief saheb
- Rajesh S. Khatri as Damodar
- Samir Shah as Ramesh Shirke
- Haresh Khatri as Dr. Asher
- Homi Wadia as Advocate Sohrab Khandwala
- Mohit Satyanand as Jamshedji Jeejabhoy
- Ranjan Raj as Ticket Blackmailer
- Rama Kant Sharma as East Indian Jury
Tinu Suresh Desai’s direction of the movie was commendable. He does an excellent job of recreating the 1950s era, with the use of vintage cars, costumes, and sets. The courtroom scenes in the movie were also well-executed, with the perfect balance of drama, intensity, and emotions.
The music of the movie was composed by Arko Pravo Mukherjee and Ankit Tiwari. The soundtrack of the movie comprises six songs, which were well-received by the audience. The song ‘Tere Sang Yaara’ sung by Atif Aslam became an instant hit.
The movie received a positive response from both critics and the audience. It grossed over INR 210 crores, making it one of the highest-grossing Bollywood movies of 2016.
Overall, “Rustom” is a well-made movie that delivers a compelling storyline and remarkable performances from its lead actors. The movie is a must-watch for Akshay Kumar fans, as it showcases his versatility as an actor. It is also a great entertaining watch for anyone who loves crime and courtroom dramas.